The Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District’s Financial Oversight Committee (FOC) is seeking qualified candidates who will bring a depth of business and/or financial expertise to the committee. There are four (4) upcoming vacancies with terms beginning July 1, 2020. The committee will consider those who applied within the last year to fill the vacancies as well as the two (2) incumbents who expressed interest in continuing to serve on the committee.
FOC meetings are currently scheduled at the District Office at 7 p.m. in the Testing Room, unless otherwise noted, or changed to online meetings based on protocols in the fall. Following is the schedule of meetings (subject to change) for the 2020-21 school year:
• Wednesday, September 9, 2020
• Thursday, October 8, 2020 – Malibu City Hall, Multipurpose Room
• Thursday, November 12, 2020
• Thursday, December 3, 2020
• Thursday, January 7, 2021
• Thursday, February 11, 2021
• Tuesday, March 11, 2021– Malibu City Hall, Multipurpose Room
• Thursday, April 15, 2021
• Wednesday, May 12, 2021
• Thursday, June 10, 2021
• TBD (July 2021) * Please note: This is a Joint Meeting / Study Session with the Board of Education – SMMUSD District Office Board Room, 1651 16th Street.
FOC application forms are available via the District’s website: https://www.smmusd.org/cms/lib/CA50000164/Centricity/Domain/300/FOCApplication.pdf and can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, June 23, 2020.
Submitted by Gail Pinsker