Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk (RR/CC) Dean C. Logan announced marriage license appointments will be available to L.A. County couples beginning Monday, May 18.
Earlier this month the Governor issued an Executive Order permitting the County Clerk to issue marriage licenses utilizing video conferencing. The County has worked diligently in response to the Governor’s Order to implement a process and offer this service in a secure and accessible manner.
To make an appointment for services through the video conferencing system, one or both individuals must meet the following criteria:
- One individual must be a resident of Los Angeles County
- Both individuals must be in the same place in the State of California
- Both individuals must have valid government identification
- Must have a device with video/audio capabilities (desktop, laptop, tablet or phone)
- Must have an internet connection
- Information on how to make an appointment will be posted and available Monday, May 18 on our website.
Submitted by Mike Sanchez