The Friends of the Santa Monica Animal Shelter has an opening for an additional Board
The Friends are a non-profit organization that works with shelter staff to acquire funds
and other resources needed to ensure that our shelter continues to meet the highest
quality of care and services for all Santa Monica animals.
We are seeking individuals with expertise in fundraising, community development, and
event production & management. Responsibilities of the board members include
participation in public meetings, planning, fundraising and community outreach events
to promote the Shelter’s mission and programs.
Prerequisites for Board Members include:
– Live within the City of Santa Monica OR work in a veterinary care related field
within the City of Santa Monica,
– California residency, prior to appointment,
– Successful completion of a background check,
– Completion of a Santa Monica volunteer orientation prior to appointment,
– Participation in SMPD’s Community Academy program within the first year,
– Two or three year Board membership and dues commitment.
Any community members interested in the opportunity are encouraged to submit a
Board member application and resume to :
Cindy Lauren at email@example.com , Friends of the Santa Monica Animal Shelter, P. O.
Box 3524, Santa Monica, CA 90403 or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted Friends of the Animal Shelter