Henry Weyse/Charles Morris House
401 Ocean Ave
Built: 1910, Designated 1990.
This two-story residence that combines features of Colonial Revival and Craftsman styles was built for local attorney Henry Weyse in 1910. The shingle-sided building has a brick-paved entry porch that is defined by Tuscan columns. A rounded bay, topped by a stick-railed balcony, abuts the porch to the north, balanced by a second, smaller bay to the south. Shutters flank most of the six over single sash windows. Farquhar was the most regionally prominent local architect of his time. His work includes the California Club in downtown Los Angeles. He was also a son-in-law of the City’s founder.