Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump will be in Santa Monica today for a private fundraiser.

The Los Angeles Times obtained an invitation to a private fundraiser at the home of Tom Barrack scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on May 25. Barrack’s Santa Monica based private equity firm, Colony Capital made news earlier this year when it sold Miramax and the company is listed as one of the largest of its kind in the world. The invitation lists a minimum ticket price of $25,000, with more expensive donation options running up to $100,000.

The address of the fundraiser is provided only to invited guests.

The Trump campaign responded to a request for information about the fundraiser by pointing the Daily Press to Trump’s official schedule posted on the internet. The website lists an event at the Anaheim Convention Center at noon on Wednesday followed by an event in Billings, Montana at 4 p.m. on May 26. There is no mention of a Los Angeles or Santa Monica fundraiser.

The City of Santa Monica, the Santa Monica Police Department and the fire department all declined to comment on the visit. Federal authorities and the Secret Service often request local agencies maintain confidentiality surrounding visits by candidates and precise travel routes are not made public.

Several residents contacted the Daily Press to discuss a potential event in the North of Montana neighborhood and at least two said protests were under discussion. Individuals who asked not to be identified said road closures are scheduled for San Vicente Boulevard between 14th and 19th at the same time as the Barrack fundraiser.

Trump’s visit follows a public rally by Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders at Santa Monica High School. Sanders made a series of campaign events throughout California this week ahead of the June 7 primary.

editor@www.smdp.com