EXPO LIGHT RAIL LINE:
1. Train Testing This Week – The Expo Light Rail Line extension from Culver City to Santa Monica is scheduled for train testing activities in Santa Monica this week and will continue for several months. The trains are now operated on their own power. Testing will be ongoing along the entire alignment in Los Angeles and Santa Monica. The testing activity will test train clearances, the Overhead Catenary System which powers the trains, the crossing gates and traffic signals, and all related systems before the project is turned over to Metro for pre-revenue operations A more detailed notice is online at http://goo.gl/AMLPxq.
2. Colorado Avenue between 5th & 18th Streets – Expect westbound and eastbound street closures during daytime hours. Alleys on the North side of Colorado between 6th and 18th Street will have limited access at Colorado.
3. Olympic Blvd. between 20th St. and Stewart St. – Eastbound and Westbound lane closures daytime hours Monday to Saturday.
4. 17th St. between Olympic Blvd. and Broadway.- Northbound and Southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
5. 20th St. between Olympic Blvd. and Colorado.- Northbound and Southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
6. Cloverfield Blvd. between I-10 Freeway and Broadway .- weekend lane closures 24 hours per day.
7. Stewart St. between Olympic Blvd. and Exposition Blvd.- Northbound and Southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).Traffic control measures will be employed in all work zones.
CITYWIDE BUS STOP SHELTERS:
Citywide installation of new bus shelters will continue. Construction will involve stop closure, intermittent vehicle lane, bicycle lane, and sidewalk closures, in addition to the use of parking lanes. Construction will take place at the following stops:
1901 20th St between Virginia and Delaware (East side of 20th)
1908 20th St. between Pico and Delaware (West side of 20th)
2954 Montana between Yale and Stanford (North side of Montana)
2930 Montana between Yale and Stanford (South side of Montana)
710 Pico between 7th & Lincoln (South Side Pico)
1660 Stewart St. between Olympic Blvd and Pennsylvania (West side of Stewart)
Traffic control measures will be employed in all work zones. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For all bus boarding information, please visit www.bigbluebus.com/bsip or call (310) 451-5444. For construction information, please contact Alex Parry, Project Manager at (310) 458-8981.
Construction work on Colorado Ave. will continue daytime Monday through Friday. Pedestrian access is accommodated by use of temporary barricaded pathways marked with signage. Please use caution when navigating through the work zones on Colorado Ave. at 4th St., Main St., 2nd St., and Ocean Ave. Traffic control will be set up for northbound traffic on Ocean Ave. Expect minor delays at the intersection of Colorado and Ocean Ave. For more information contact Gene Higginbotham, Project Manager, at (310) 458-8729.
CALIFORNIA INCLINE BRIDGE REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
The California Incline will be closed until Summer 2016 while construction crews demolish the existing structure and build the new bridge and roadway. Motorists are advised to use Ocean Avenue (via Moomat Ahiko Way) and Lincoln Boulevard as alternate routes. For more information on this project, please contact: (888-303-6026 or email@example.com).
WASTERWATER MAIN REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
The contractor will begin removal and replacement of the sewer main on Princeton Street between Wilshire Blvd and California Pl South. Should you have any questions, please contact Carlos Rosales (310) 458-8721 ext. 2620
SAN VICENTE PUMP STATION EMERGENCY GENERATOR:
The contractor will continue with the installation of the new engine driven standby generator and begin trench excavation on 25th Street for installation the street improvements on the south side of San Vicente Blvd and 25th Street. Should you have any questions, please contact Carlos Rosales (310) 458-8721 ext. 2620
CROSSWALK RENEWAL PROGRAM:
Contractor crews will begin daytime crosswalk removal and restriping at the intersections of -Oak/25th, Santa Monica/25th, Kansas/27th, Nebraska/Stewart, and Broadway/9th. Please be advised that striping removal will generate noise and dust. Temporary traffic control signs will be deployed to guide vehicular traffic in and around work areas. Please contact Kori Jones, Street & Fleet Services, (310) 458-2201 ext. 50
Visit KBUG, our Facebook page, SMConstructs, and construction notices at, https://www.facebook.com/SMConstructs and http://www.smgov.net/departments/publicworks/civeng_kbug.aspx