EXPO LIGHT RAIL LINE:
1. Train Testing This Week – The Expo Light Rail Line extension from Culver City to Santa Monica is scheduled for train testing activities in Santa Monica this week and will continue for several months. The trains are now operated on their own power. Testing will be ongoing along the entire alignment in Los Angeles and Santa Monica. The testing activity will test train clearances, the Overhead Catenary System which powers the trains, the crossing gates and traffic signals, and all related systems before the project is turned over to Metro for pre-revenue operations.
A more detailed notice is online at http://goo.gl/AMLPxq
2. Colorado Avenue between 5th & 18th Streets – Expect westbound and eastbound street closures during daytime hours. Alleys on the North side of Colorado between 6th and 18th Street will have limited access at Colorado.
3. Olympic Blvd. between 20th St. and Stewart St. – Eastbound and Westbound lane closures daytime hours Monday to Saturday.
4. 17th St. between Olympic Blvd. and Broadway.- Northbound and Southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
5. 20th St. between Olympic Blvd. and Colorado.- Northbound and Southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
6. Cloverfield Blvd. between I-10 Freeway and Broadway .- weekend lane closures 24 hours per day.
7. Stewart St. between Olympic Blvd. and Exposition Blvd.- Northbound and Southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).Traffic control measures will be employed in all work zones.
CITYWIDE BUS STOP SHELTERS:
Citywide installation of new bus shelters will continue. Construction will involve stop closure, intermittent vehicle lane, bicycle lane, and sidewalk closures, in addition to the use of parking lanes. Construction will take place at the following stops:
325 4th St. between Georgina and San Vicente (East side of 4th)
326 4th St. between Georgina and San Vicente (West side of 4th)
715 4th St between Palisades and Montana (East side of 4th)
808 4th St between Idaho and Montana (West side of 4th)
1553 4th St between Colorado & Broadway (East Side 4th St)
1901 20th St between Virginia and Delaware (East side of 20th)
1908 20th St. between Pico and Delaware (West side of 20th)
2136 Montana between 21st & 22nd (South Side Montana)
2223 Montana between 23rd & 22nd (North Side Montana)
2525 Montana between 25th & 26th (North Side Montana)
2600 Montana between Princeton & 26th (South Side Montana)
2954 Montana between Yale and Stanford (North side of Montana)
2930 Montana between Yale and Stanford (South side of Montana)
1603 Ocean between Olympic Dr. and Colorado (East side of Ocean)
710 Pico between 7th & Lincoln (South Side Pico)
1830 San Vicente between 18th & 19th (South Side San Vicente)
2280 San Vicente Blvd between 21st & 23rd (South Side San Vicente)
1660 Stewart St. between Olympic Blvd and Pennsylvania (West side of Stewart)
Traffic control measures will be employed in all work zones. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For all bus boarding information, please visit www.bigbluebus.com/bsip or call (310) 451-5444. For construction information, please contact Alex Parry, Project Manager at (310) 458-8981.
Construction work on Colorado Ave. will continue daytime Monday through Friday. Pedestrian access is accommodated by use of temporary barricaded pathways marked with signage. Please use caution when navigating through the work zones on Colorado Ave. at 4th St., Main St., 2nd St., and Ocean Ave. In addition beginning Monday, November 2nd and ending Thursday, November 5th, Esplanade work on the north east corner sidewalk will take place. Traffic control will be set up for northbound traffic on Ocean Ave. Expect minor delays at the intersection of Colorado and Ocean Ave. For more information contact Gene Higginbotham, Project Manager, at (310) 458-8729.
CALIFORNIA INCLINE BRIDGE REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
The California Incline will be closed until Summer 2016 while construction crews demolish the existing structure and build the new bridge and roadway. Motorists are advised to use Ocean Avenue (via Moomat Ahiko Way) and Lincoln Boulevard as alternate routes. For more information on this project, please contact: (888-303-6026 or email@example.com).
WATER MAIN REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
The contractor will be replacing broken water valves on Broadway Ave. at Berkeley Ct., 11th Street and Ocean Park Boulevard. On November 9, 2015 the water will be shut off on Euclid Court between Wilshire Blvd and Arizona Ave at 9:00 am, and the contractor will be working on connecting the new water main to the existing water main on Euclid Court at Wilshire Blvd. Local access will be provided to residents and deliveries. During construction the roadway will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction. For more information, please contact Eric Schoenen, CM/Inspector at (424) 625-3445 or the City’s contact Carlos Rosales at (310) 458-8721, x2620.
WASTEWATER MAIN REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
The contractor will begin layout and surveying of the sewer main on Princeton Street between Wilshire Blvd and California Pl. South. The street will be closed to through traffic. Should you have any questions, please contact Carlos Rosales at (310) 458-8721, ext. 2620.
SAN VICENTE PUMP STATION EMERGENCY GENERATOR:
The contractor will continue with the installation of the new engine driven standby generator and begin trench excavation on 25th Street for installation the street improvements on the south side of San Vicente Blvd and 25th Street. 25th Street at San Vicente Blvd will be closed 24 hours from October 26 – 30, 2015. Should you have any questions, please contact Carlos Rosales (310) 458-8721 ext. 2620.
Visit KBUG, our Facebook page, SMConstructs, and construction notices at: