A former city employee is facing five counts of child molestation, Santa Monica Police Department spokesperson Sgt. Rudy Camarena told the Daily Press on Tuesday.

The City Attorney’s Office on Friday filed criminal charges against Donald Condon, a former Police ActivitiesLeague employee, alleging five violations of California Penal Code 647.6(a)(1).

In September, Condon pleaded guilty to taking surreptitious sexual pictures without consent after he was arrested by the Los Angeles Police Department on May 30 at Dodger Stadium while chaperoning a Santa Monica PAL event.

Following the incident, the Santa Monica Police Department conducted its own investigation, resulting in the five misdemeanor charges against Condon. The new charges are unrelated to the ones Condon pleaded guilty to last year, Camarena said.

Condon is scheduled to be arraigned at the Airport Courthouse on June 24.

The date of the violations in question is listed on the Los Angeles County Superior Court website as June 2 of last year, the same date that Condon was placed on paid administrative leave by City Hall. Condon tendered his resignation on Oct. 9, Camarena told the Daily Press.

City officials didnot release any more information about the charges as of press time. Last year, city officials told the Daily Press that there’d been no prior complaints filed against Condon as a city employee.

After pleading guilty to the incident that occurred at Dodger Stadium last year, Condon was sentenced to 36 months summary probation, 60 days of county jail, or 45 days with Caltrans.

Condon is not allowed to be in the company of unattended minors. He must complete a one-year sex-offender treatment program and he has to stay away from the named victim.

He was charged with the “use of a camera or other device to videotape or record another person under or through their clothing without their consent or knowledge and with sexual intent.”

Following the arrest at the Dodgers game, Santa Monica PAL released a statement noting that Condon allegedly “took inappropriate photographs of minors in public.”

“The City took immediate action to inform the families of those youth who participated in the outing,” the statement said, “and will continue to take steps to insure the wellbeing of the youth.”

Condon, a longtime PAL employee, was previously listed on the youth-serving nonprofit’s website as its community service specialist.

Condon could not be reached for comment on the charges.

dave@www.smdp.com

Join the Conversation

2 Comments

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.