The 2015 Sustainable Quality Awards (SQA) recognize business excellence across all sectors of Santa Monica’s vibrant and diverse economy. Celebrating its 20th year, the SQA continues to see amazing and innovative businesses, representing dozens of industries, coming forward each year. SQA officials have announced this year’s winners, which will be formally recognized at the 20th annual awards luncheon on April 16th at Le Meridien Delfina Hotel in Santa Monica.
“We are so proud to celebrate 20 years of the oldest and most rigorous sustainable business award in Southern California,” said Shannon Parry with the City of Santa Monica’s Office of Sustainability and the Environment. “175 awards have been given to 131 businesses since 1995. These awards recognize businesses for their exemplary leadership and we hope to inspire other businesses to take action to further our Sustainable City Plan goals.”
The SQA Grand Prize is given to businesses that make significant achievements in the categories of sustainable economic development, social responsibility and stewardship of the environment. Excellence awards are given to outstanding achievements in any one of the three areas.
This year’s program recognizes three SQA Grand Prize winners and ten Excellence award winners in the following categories:
SQA Grand Prize
- Capital Intelligence Associates: a full-service wealth management firm, helping clients address today’s complex regulated financial landscape in a conscientious manner.
- Locanda del Lago: serving authentic, Northern Italian cuisine using local California Farmer’s Market organic ingredients on Third Street Promenade for 24 years.
- Shore Hotel: a LEED Gold certified hotel blending inspired modern design with truly eco-conscious practices all in a spectacular beachside setting.
SQA Excellence Award
- Alchemie Spa: Stewardship of the Environment
- Community Corporation of Santa Monica: Social Responsibility
- Hulu: Social Responsibility
- Le Meridien Delfina Hotel: Social Responsibility
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel: Stewardship of the Environment
- Red Bull North America: Social Responsibility
- St. Monica Catholic Community: Social Responsibility
- Santa Monica Hybrid – The Hybrid Shop: Stewardship of the Environment
- Santa Monica Seafood: Economic Development
- SP Plus: Economic Development
Individual Stewardship Award
- The Individual Stewardship Award for 2015 will be given to Dean Kubani, manager of the City of Santa Monica’s Office of Sustainability and Environment. Kubani is being recognized for his vision, creativity, and ongoing role in advancing sustainable practices in the Santa Monica.
The awards will be presented during a special luncheon award presentation scheduled to begin 11 a.m. on April 16 at Le Meridien Delfina Hotel. Pre-paid tickets are $50 for Chamber members and $60 for non-members. Tickets can be purchased by visiting smsqa.com or reserve tickets in advance by calling (310) 393-9825. The first 35 registrants who commit and show up by bike will have their tickets sponsored by The Santa Monica Bike Center. Event sponsorship and exhibitor information is available on smsqa.com.