On August 24 at 1:06 a.m.
Officers responded to a radio call of shots fired in the 1800 block of 16th Street. Officers located two witnesses that saw the suspect vehicle, a dark Toyota Camry. The suspects shot multiple times at a group of subjects standing in front of a building. The suspects were described as male Hispanics, 20-25 years of age. One witness specifically described the suspect shooter having a tattoo across his forehead. No victims were located.
As officers were conducting their investigation, the police department received a suspicious circumstances call in the area of 3100 block of Santa Monica Blvd. The reporting party stated a dark Toyota Camry was occupied by three male Hispanics who were acting suspiciously in the area. The subjects exited the vehicle and one of the subjects stated, “Hey put it away, put it away.” A male subject with a tattoo on his forehead was seen manipulating an unknown object at the trunk of the vehicle. The vehicle left the area prior to the officers’ arrival.
A short time later, two responding officers observed a vehicle matching the description in the area of 27th St. and Kansas Ave. The vehicle was occupied by three male subjects. A traffic stop was conducted and the three occupants were detained. A follow up, field investigation determined one of the occupants was the shooter. The suspects (Benjamin Nunez, 19, David Najera, 18 and Daniel Najera 19) were booked at the Santa Monica Jail for Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Conspiracy.

On August 24 at 8 p.m.
Officers responded to a call of an assault in the area of 23rd St. and Navy St. The victim reported a “road rage” incident in which a suspect pulled out and pointed a handgun at him. The victim provided a vehicle description.
Officers located the vehicle unoccupied and double parked with the hazard lights on in the area of 12000 Matteson Ave in Los Angeles. Units responded and set up a perimeter around the apartment complex. LAPD responded and assisted. An unloaded, silver Smith & Wesson 9mm was recovered from the suspect vehicle and the suspect (Patrick Gregory Hutchinson, 27) located.

On August 22 at 6:30 p.m.
Officers observed a traffic violation and made contact with the driver who had a suspended driver’s license and was on probation. During the probation search of the car, multiple cell phones, computers, ID cards and empty wallets were found. Upon further investigation, some of the property was identified as being taken in LAPD and LASD burglaries. Garrett Kopp, 30 and Jesse Kuhn, 33 were taken into custody.

On August 24 at 12:20 a.m.
Officers responded to a radio call of a traffic collision in the 2200 block of 4th Street. Officers located a 2010 Toyota Prius with moderate damage to the front end. The driver of the Prius collided against a vehicle parked curbside. A field sobriety test determined the driver was intoxicated. No injuries occurred during the collision. Hailey Erin Cohen, 28, was taken into custody.

On August 23 at 5:35 p.m.
Officers responded to the 1200 block of Wilshire to conduct a battery investigation. The victim was walking eastbound on Wilshire when approached by suspect. The suspect without provocation struck the victim on his face with a closed first.
Officers detained a subject matching the description in close proximity to the scene. Officers conducted a field show up and the victim positively identified the suspect. The victim sustained a laceration below his right eye. Joseph Edward Davis, 38, was taken into custody.

On August 21 at 12:05 p.m.
Officers responded to the 1300 block of 3rd street in connection to reports of a female “grabbing and hitting” people. Responding officers were at the corner of 2nd Street and Santa Monica Blvd when they were flagged down by numerous citizens who were pointing at the female suspect.
Witness accounts describe the suspect behaving in an erratic and aggressive manner. A victim was assaulted when she intervened in the suspect’s attempt to remove her child from a stroller. A second victim was assaulted by the suspect without provocation. Misty Dawn Larue, 41, was taken into custody.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.