Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Scheduled signal outage: Stewart Street and Olympic Boulevard from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 22 and Friday May 23.
2. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 18th streets: Street closures in the east and westbound directions. Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Sixth and 10th streets.
3. 14th Street between Broadway and Olympic Boulevard: Expect northbound and southbound lane closures during non-peak daytime hours.
4. 19th Street between Colorado Avenue and Olympic Boulevard: Street closure during daytime hours, local access only.
5. 20th Street between Colorado and Olympic: Northbound and southbound lane closures for four weeks during daytime hours.
6. Olympic between 20th and Stewart streets: Eastbound lane closures during daytime hours.
7. Stewart Street between Olympic and Exposition boulevards: Northbound and southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Alley Resurfacing Project
The alleys in the 400 block of 16th Court (the alley east of 16th Street) will be resurfaced resulting in 24-hour full alley closures starting at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday and will be re-opened May 22 at 9 a.m. Thursday morning, the alleys in the 1400 Block of Harvard Court (the alley east of Harvard Street), and the 1200 block of Franklin Court (the alley east of Franklin Street) will be closed for 24 hours at 7:30 a.m., Thursday and will be re-opened May 23 at 9 a.m. Friday morning, the alleys in the 600 and 700 Block of 14th Court (the alley east of 14th Street) will be closed for 24 hours at 7:30 a.m., Wednesday and will be re-opened May 22 at 9 a.m. Thursday morning, and the alleys in the 400, 500, and 600 block of Alta Place north (the alley north of Alta Avenue) will be closed for 24 hours at 7:30 a.m. Thursday and will be re-opened May 23 at 9 a.m. Friday morning. Be advised that resurfacing operations will generate noise and dust. There will be certain times when the alley will not be accessible during construction, but the city will minimize these times of closure during the day. Questions should be directed to the Public Works Street & Fleet Services Division at (310) 458-4991. For more info on Alley Renewal Program, go to: www.smgov.net/streets/alleyprogram.
Crosswalk Restriping Project
Crosswalk restriping will be occurring at the following locations: Bay and Fourth streets, California Avenue and Fourth Street, California Avenue and 14th Street, California Avenue and 26th Street, Broadway and Yale Street, Broadway and Franklin Avenue, Cloverfield Boulevard and 26th Street. Work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Partial roadway closures are expected. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Scheduling is subject to change. Questions should be directed to Kori Jones, Street & Fleet Services Division at (310) 458-2201 ext.5002.
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, Civil Engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
Along Ocean Avenue, both northbound and southbound lanes will be open. No lane closures are scheduled for Main Street. Any impact to traffic from construction related activities should be minimal during the current week. For more information, contact Mike Castaneda at (626) 712-6944.