Daybreak Designs, a program of the Ocean Park Community Center, will host a Valentine’s Day sale on Friday, Feb. 8, at the OPCC Cloverfield services center.

Daybreak Designs is a member-run arts and crafts business that seeks to empower women recovering from homelessness and mental illness through creative, personal and financial growth.

All items for sale have been crafted by the hands of formerly homeless women. Women of Daybreak retain 70 percent of the profits from sold items and the remaining 30 percent is reinvested in the business.

Handmade jewelry, greeting cards, quilts, crocheted items, and pottery all crafted by clients and alumni of Daybreak are just a taste of the items that will be for sale.

The sale takes place from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. For more information, call Daybreak Designs at (310) 450-0650.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *