Santa Claus is coming to town early this year and Santa Monica’s firefighters and police officers are leading the way.
Santa and his public safety helpers will be distributing good cheer and thousands of candy canes as part of the 19th annual Candy Cane Drive.
Everyone is invited to attend one of several scheduled stops Saturday, Dec. 3:
• 10:30 a.m. — Douglas Park, California Avenue and 25th Street
• 11 a.m. — Christine Reed Park, California Avenue and Lincoln Boulevard
• 11:25 a.m. — Third Street Promenade and Wilshire Boulevard
• 1:15 p.m. — Virginia Avenue Park, 2200 Virginia Ave.
• 1:45 p.m. — Marine Park, Marine and 17th streets
• 2:15 p.m. — Clover Park, Ocean Park Boulevard and 25th Street.
Santa Monica’s children are encouraged to look and listen for the lights and sirens of the fire trucks and cop cars, while parents should definitely bring their cameras.
For more information, contact the SMPD, Community Relations Unit at (310) 458-8474.