AIRPORT COURTHOUSE — Twin brothers plead guilty earlier this month to stabbing at least one Santa Monican during a fight that started following an argument on the Fourth of July last year.

Santa Monica Police said Wednesday that Anthony and Conrad Sowash, 27, each plead to one count of assault with a deadly weapon Feb. 3 at the Airport Courthouse.

Anthony Sowash will serve six years in state prison for the stabbing and Conrad Sowash was released using time served in jail, police said. He was placed on probation.

Conrad Sowash acted in concert with his brother during the assault, but did not use a weapon, police said.

The brothers, both from Los Angeles, have been in custody since July 4, 2013.

The attack took place in the early morning hours of Independence Day along the 3000 block of Santa Monica Boulevard. The brothers and two of their female friends were involved in an argument with another group of young adults. The conversation apparently escalated into a brawl. At least one person was stabbed multiple times.

Santa Monica Police officers responded quickly and apprehended the brothers after a brief foot pursuit. Their female friends were also arrested on misdemeanor assault charges.

All victims involved in the incident fully recovered from their injuries, police said.

 

kevinh@smdp.com