Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. 17th Street 10-day street closure with 24-hour work shift for rail Installation: 8 a.m. Saturday, March 22 to 6 a.m. Wednesday, April 2.
2. Colorado Avenue between Fourth and 18th streets: Street closures in the east and westbound directions. Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hours at Seventh, 14th and 17th streets at Colorado Avenue. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Sixth and 10th streets.
3. Lincoln Boulevard between Broadway and I-10: Expect lane closures during non-peak daytime and nighttime hours. Expect delays.
4. 17th Street between Olympic Boulevard and Broadway: Lane reduction for northbound traffic and street closure in the southbound direction at Colorado. Expect delays.
5. 17th Street and Colorado Avenue: Scheduled signal outage today and Tuesday between 9:30 a.m. and 3. p.m.
6. Cloverfield and Olympic: Scheduled signal outage today and Tuesday between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
7. 26th Street between Olympic and Michigan Avenue: Lane reduction for northbound traffic. Expect delays.
8. Stewart Street between Olympic and Exposition boulevards: Lane reduction for north and south traffic. Expect delays.
9. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
The No. 1 lane will be closed on the 1700 block of Ocean Avenue in the northbound and southbound directions. Also, there will be intermittent closure at the intersection of Ocean Avenue and the future Olympic Drive and Main Street and Olympic Drive for traffic signal and light pole installation. For any questions or concerns, contact Mike Castaneda at (626) 712-6944.
Santa Monica Airport
Construction will continue for the removal and replacement of electrical cables and connectors for all the existing runway lights. This work will take place between the hours of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (night work). No impact to traffic surrounding the airport. All work will take place within the airport. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, city of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.
Green Bikes Lanes
Green bike lanes will be installed on Broadway between Fifth Street and the east city limit and on Main Street between Colorado Avenue and the south city limit. Construction will begin on Broadway east of Sixth Street and on Main Street south of Colorado Avenue between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Partial lane closures will occur. For more information, contact Hany Demitri, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 ext. 5385.
Annual Tree Trimming
The city‚Äôs annual tree trimming program will take place on 21st Street between Pico Boulevard and Virginia Avenue and Ashland Avenue between 16th and 17th streets. Partial Lane closures will occur. All work will take place between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. For further information, contact Matthew Wells, urban forester at (310) 458-8974.
Crosswalk Restriping Project
Crosswalk restriping will occur at various intersections along Wilshire Boulevard including corners of Berkeley, 22nd, 21st and Euclid streets. Work will take place between the hours of 8 p.m.-5 a.m. There will be partial closures at intersections. Questions should be directed to the Public Works Street & Fleet Services Division at (310) 458-4991.
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
The No. 1 lane will be closed on the 1700 block of Ocean Avenue in the northbound and southbound directions. Also, there will be intermittent closure on the intersection of Ocean Avenue and future Olympic Drive and Main Street and Olympic Drive for traffic signal and light pole installation. Contact Gary L. Vitale of Charles Pankow Builders at (510) 772-8836 with any questions or concerns.
Construction will have no impacts on traffic or the public right of way. For any questions or concerns contact Kris Jaghasbanian, ROEM Builders, at (408) 314-7380, or Gary Flora, City of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-2645.
Street Light Project
The contractor to install street light poles on 18th Street between Ashland Avenue and Ocean Park Boulevard, and on 20th Street between Ocean Park Boulevard and Pearl Avenue. The construction duration is 45 working days. The work will be conducted from the parking lanes, however Impact to traffic should be minimal. For further information, contact Hany Demitri, civil engineer, (310) 458-8721 ext. 5385
High Place East
There will be delivery trucks throughout the week on Cloverfield Boulevard between I-10 and Virginia Avenue, and on Virginia Avenue between Cloverfield and 27th Street for the development of 45 affordable housing units. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information on this project, contact Gary Flora, city of Santa Monica at (310) 458-2645, or Donnie Krueger (949) 254-8153.