Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Colorado Avenue between Fourth and 18th streets: Street closures in the east and westbound directions. Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hour at Fifth, Sixth and 17th streets at Colorado. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Sixth and 10th streets.
2. Lincoln Boulevard between Broadway and I-10: Expect lane closures during non-peak daytime and nighttime hours. Expect delays.
3. 17th Street between Olympic Boulevard and Broadway: Lane reduction for northbound traffic and street closure in the southbound direction at Colorado. Expect delays.
4. 26th Street between Olympic Boulevard and Michigan Avenue: Lane reduction for northbound traffic. Expect delays.
5. Stewart Street between Olympic and Exposition boulevards: Lane reduction for north and south traffic. Expect delays.
6. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
The No. 1 lane will be closed on the 1700 block of Ocean Avenue in the northbound and southbound directions. Also, there will be intermittent closure on the intersection of Ocean Avenue and future Olympic Drive and Main Street and Olympic Drive for traffic signal and light pole installation. Contact Gary L. Vitale of Charles Pankow Builders at (510) 772-8836 with any questions or concerns.
Wastewater Main Improvements Citywide
Construction is scheduled on Oak Street and 907 Centinela Ave. This work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, City of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.
Construction will have no impacts on traffic or the public right of way. For any questions or concerns contact Kris Jaghasbanian, ROEM Builders, at (408) 314-7380, or Gary Flora, City of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-2645.
Street Light Project
The contractor to install street light poles on 18th Street between Ashland Avenue and Ocean Park Boulevard, and on 20th Street between Ocean Park Boulevard and Pearl Avenue. The construction duration is 45 working days. The work will be conducted from the parking lanes, however Impact to traffic should be minimal. For further information, contact Hany Demitri, civil engineer, (310) 458-8721 ext. 5385
Santa Monica Airport: Airfield Lighting Cable Replacement Project
Construction will begin for the removal and replacement of electrical cables and connectors for all the existing taxiway lights. This work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No impact to traffic surrounding the airport. All work will take place within the airport. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, City of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.
Annual Tree Trimming
The city’s annual tree trimming program will take place on Third Street between Montana and Washington avenues, and on Fourth Street between Ocean Park Boulevard and the south city limit. Partial Lane closures will occur. All work will take place between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. For further information, contact Matthew Wells, urban forester at (310) 458-8974.
High Place East
There will be delivery trucks throughout the week on Cloverfield Boulevard between I-10 and Virginia Avenue, and on Virginia Avenue between Cloverfield and 27th Street for the development of 45 affordable housing units. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information on this project, contact Gary Flora, city of Santa Monica at (310) 458-2645, or Donnie Krueger (949) 254-8153.