Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Colorado Avenue between Fourth and 18th streets: Street closures in the east and westbound directions. Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hour at Fifth, Sixth and 17th streets at Colorado. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Sixth and 10th streets.
2. Seventh Street between Olympic Boulevard and Colorado Avenue: Expect delays and lane closures on Wed, Feb. 12.
3. 17th Street between Olympic and Broadway: Lane reduction for northbound traffic and street closure in the southbound direction at Colorado, expect delays.
4. 26th Street between Olympic and Michigan Avenue: Lane reduction for northbound traffic, expect delays.
5. Stewart Street between Olympic and Exposition boulevards: Lane reduction for north and south traffic, expect delays.
6. Olympic between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Wastewater Main Improvements Citywide
Construction will continue on Michigan Avenue between 18th and 19th courts and on California Place south between 24th Street and Chelsea Avenue. Construction is also scheduled to begin on 17th Court from Olympic Boulevard to 135 feet south of Olympic from Feb. 15-17. This work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, city of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.
There will be one lane closed in each direction of the 1700 block of Ocean Avenue. Traffic delays are likely during peak periods. For additional information, contact Gary L. Vitale superintendent for Pankow Builders at 510-772-8836.
Beginning Feb. 3 and running through Feb. 17, 18th Court between Michigan Avenue and the 10 Freeway will be closed. For any questions or concerns, contact Kris Jaghasbanian, ROEM Builders, at (408) 314-7380, or Gary Flora, city of Santa Monica at (310) 458-2645.
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
High Place East
There will be delivery trucks throughout the week on Cloverfield Boulevard between I-10 and Virginia Avenue, and on Virginia Avenue between Cloverfield and 27th Street for the development of 45 affordable housing units. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information on this project, contact Gary Flora, city of Santa Monica at (310) 458-2645, or Donnie Krueger (949) 254-8153.