Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Fifth Street 10-day street closure with 24-hour work shift for rail installation: 6 a.m., Jan. 18 to 11 p.m., Jan. 28.
• Northbound Fifth Street will be temporarily closed at Colorado Avenue. Right turn on to Colorado will be allowed for local access, but left turns will remain prohibited. Take Lincoln Boulevard, Seventh or Fourth streets.
• Southbound Fifth Street will be temporary closed at Colorado. Right and left turns on to Colorado will be prohibited. Take Seventh or Fourth streets as alternatives.
• Westbound Colorado will be temporary closed between Fifth and Fourth streets. Right turns on to Fifth Street will be allowed.
2. Colorado Avenue between Fourth and 18th streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hour at Fifth, Sixth and Seventh streets at Colorado. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Fourth and 10th streets.
3. Street closure: Colorado Avenue between Fourth and Sixth streets and between 10th and 11th streets: East and westbound street closure between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Local access will be maintained.
4. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
5. Stewart Street between Olympic and Exposition boulevards: Lane reduction for north and south traffic, expect delays.
6. 20th Street between Olympic and Colorado: Lane reduction for north and south traffic, expect delays.
Parking Structure No. 6
There will be periodic partial sidewalk closures on the east side of Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard through Jan. 18. Temporary pedestrian control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Materials delivery and painting work will take place in the alley behind the parking structure (Second Court), with partial alley closures taking place through Jan. 18. All work will take place Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
There will be lane closures on the northbound side of the 1700 Block of Ocean Avenue. For any questions or concerns, contact Gary Vitale, superintendent, Pankow Builders, at (510) 772-8836.
Wastewater Main Improvements Citywide
The contractor will be completing final paving of the trench and cleanup on Ashland Avenue from Third to Fourth streets and working on sewer maintenance holes on 32nd Street from Pico to Ocean Park boulevards. This work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. 32nd Street and Ashland Avenue will be closed to through traffic. Please use alternate route whenever possible. The week of Jan. 20, sewer main installation work is scheduled to begin on California Place south between Chelsea Avenue and 24th Street. The alley will be closed during construction, use alternate route whenever possible. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, city of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.
No traffic delays are anticipated. Euclid Court between Pico Boulevard and Michigan Street will be closed to all traffic from Jan. 17-21. For more information on this project, contact Kris Jaghasbanian at (408) 314-7380.
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
High Place East
There will be delivery trucks throughout the week on Cloverfield Boulevard between Interstate-10 and Virginia Avenue, and on Virginia Avenue between Cloverfield and 27th Street for the development of 45 affordable housing units. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information on this project, contact Donnie Krueger (949) 254-8153.