Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 18th streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during non-peak daytime hours at Fifth, Sixth and Seventh streets at Colorado. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Fourth and 10th streets.
2. Street closure: Colorado Avenue¬† between 11th and 14th streets: Expect westbound street closures between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Local access will be maintained.
3. Fifth Street between I-10 and Colorado Avenue: Northbound and southbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect delays.
4. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
5. Cloverfield Boulevard between Colorado and Michigan avenues: Southbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Additional information is available at buildexpo.org or by calling (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Parking Structure No. 6
There will be periodic sidewalk closures on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard through Jan. 4, 2014. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas.¬† Materials delivery will take place in the alley behind the parking structure (Second Court), with partial alley closures taking place through Jan. 4. All work will take place Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. There will be no work scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 1.
Wastewater Main Improvements Citywide
The contractor will be completing final paving of the trench and cleanup on 32nd Street from Pico to Ocean Park boulevards. This work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. 32nd Street will be closed to through traffic. Please use alternate route whenever possible. No work will take place between Dec. 25 and January 1, 2013.¬† On Jan. 2, the contractor is scheduled to begin sewer work on Ashland Avenue between Third and Fourth streets. Ashland Avenue will be closed to through traffic. Please use alternate route whenever possible. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, City of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.
There will be a lane closure on the northbound side of 1700 Block of Ocean Avenue to Vicente Terrace. Through Dec. 31, but could be done as early as Dec. 18. Sidewalk and parking lane on the west side of Main Street and Olympic Drive for sidewalk and curb and gutter rework. In addition, 200 feet of the southbound No. 2 lane closed at Pacific Terrace and Ocean Avenue from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday to Thursday next week for installing new handicap ramps in preparation for the new intersection at Ocean Avenue and Olympic Drive. For any questions or concerns contact Gary Vitale, superintendent, Pankow Builders, at (510) 772-8836.
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
High Place East
There will be delivery trucks throughout the week on Cloverfield Boulevard between Interstate-10 and Virginia Avenue, and on Virginia Avenue between Cloverfield and 27th Street for the development of 45 affordable housing units. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information on this project, contact Donnie Krueger (949) 254-8153.