Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 18th Streets: Street closures in the east and westbound directions. Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Sixth and 10th streets.
2. Colorado between Fourth and Seventh streets: Eastbound closure Monday through Friday.
3. Seventh Street and Colorado: Construction, intermittent closures.
4. Colorado at 11 to 14th streets: Full closures westbound and eastbound.
5. Colorado at 14th to 17th streets: Eastbound lane closures.
6. 20th Street between Colorado and Olympic Boulevard: Northbound and southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
7. 19th Street between Colorado and Olympic: Northbound and southbound lane closures.
8. Stewart Street between Olympic and Exposition boulevards: Northbound and southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
9. Olympic between 20th and Stewart: Eastbound lane closures during daytime hours.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Bus Stop Improvement Project (BSIP)
Citywide installation of new bus shelters will continue. Construction will involve intermittent vehicle lane, bicycle lane, and sidewalk closures, in addition to the use of parking lanes. Construction will take place at the following stops:
SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD
• 1601 Santa Monica Blvd. between 16th Street and 17th Street (north side of Santa Monica)
• 3219 Santa Monica Blvd. between Franklin Street and Centinela Av. (north side of Santa Monica)
• 2403 Wilshire Blvd. between 24th Street and Chelsea Ave. (north side of Wilshire)
• 2901 Wilshire Blvd. between Yale Street and Stanford Street (north side of Wilshire)
• 1301 Montana Ave. between Euclid Street and 14th Street (north side of Montana)
• 1302 Montana Ave. between Euclid Street and 14th Street (south side of Montana)
OCEAN PARK BOULEVARD
• 3435 Ocean Park between 34th St and Centinela Ave. (north side of Ocean Park)
• 3420 Ocean Park between 34th St and Centinela Ave. (south side of Ocean Park)
• 2600 Ocean Park between 25th Street and 28th Street (south side of Ocean Park)
• 2525 Ocean Park between 25th Street and 26th. (north side of Ocean Park)
• 2025 Ocean Park between 20th Street and 21st Street (north side of Ocean Park)
• 1352 Ocean Park between Euclid Street and 14th Street (south side of Ocean Park)
• 1343 Ocean Park between Euclid Street and 14th Street (north side of Ocean Park)
• 1047 Ocean Park between 10th Street and 11th Street (north side of Ocean Park)
• 3007 Pico Blvd between Dorchester Street and 33rd Street (north side of Pico)
Traffic control measures will be employed in all work zones. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For all bus boarding information, visit www.bigbluebus.com/bsip or call (310) 451-5444. For construction information, contact Alex Parry, project manager, at (310) 458-8981.
Annual Tree Trimming
The city’s annual tree pruning program will take place on Stewart Street from Pico to Exposition boulevards; 25th Street from Wilshire Boulevard to Montana Avenue; Fifth Street from Colorado Avenue to Wilshire Boulevard. Partial lane closures will occur. All work will take place between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. For further information, contact Matthew Wells, urban forester, at (310) 458-8974.
Santa Monica Place Theatre
Beginning on Monday, June 2, 2014, there will be lane closures on Fourth Street and Colorado Avenue.
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, Civil Engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you hAvenue any questions.