Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 18th streets: Street closures in the east and westbound directions. Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hours at Sixth and Seventh streets at Colorado Avenue.¬† Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado.¬† Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between 6th and 10th Streets.
2. Fifth Street between Colorado and the 10 Freeway: Southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
3. 14th Street between Broadway and Olympic Boulevard: Expect northbound and southbound lane closures during non-peak daytime hours.
4. 19th Street between Colorado and Olympic: Street closure during daytime hours, local access only.
5. Olympic between 20th and Stewart streets: Eastbound lane closures during daytime hours.
6. 26th Street between Cloverfield and Olympic boulevards: Intermittent (southbound) street closures during daytime hours.
7. Stewart Street between Olympic and Exposition boulevards: Northbound and southbound lane closures during daytime hours.
8. 20th Street between Colorado and Olympic: Northbound and southbound lane closures for four weeks during daytime hours starting the week of May 12.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Bus Stop Improvement Project
Citywide installation of new bus shelters will begin.¬† Construction will involve intermittent vehicle lane, bicycle lane, and sidewalk closures, in addition to the use of parking lanes.¬† Construction will take place at the following stops:
‚Ä¢ 2807 Lincoln Blvd. between Hill Street and Ashland Avenue (east side of Lincoln),
‚Ä¢ 2800 Lincoln Blvd., between Raymond and Ashland avenues (west side of Lincoln),
‚Ä¢ Main Street between Hill Street and Ashland Avenue.
‚Ä¢ Main Street between Ocean Park Boulevard and Hill Street.
‚Ä¢ Main Street between Pico Boulevard and Olympic Drive,
‚Ä¢ 2310 Main St. between Strand and Hollister avenues.
‚Ä¢ 2403 Main St. between Hollister Avenue and Ocean Park Boulevard (east side of Main),
‚Ä¢ 3016 Main St. between Pier Avenue and Marine Street (west side of Main),
‚Ä¢ 3101 Main St. between Marine Street and city limit (east side of Main),
Santa Monica Boulevard
‚Ä¢ 3105 Santa Monica Blvd. between Berkeley and Franklin streets (north side of Santa Monica Boulevard).
‚Ä¢ 1401 Santa Monica Blvd. between 14th and 15th streets (north side of Santa Monica Boulevard).
‚Ä¢ Santa Monica Boulevard between Lincoln Boulevard and Ninth Street.
‚Ä¢ 2616 Wilshire Blvd. between 26th and Princeton streets (south side of Wilshire).
‚Ä¢ 2601 Wilshire Blvd. between 26th and Princeton streets (north side of Wilshire).
‚Ä¢ 3032 Wilshire Blvd. between Stanford and Berkeley streets (south side of Wilshire).
‚Ä¢ 3105 Wilshire Blvd. between Berkeley and Franklin streets (north side of Wilshire).
‚Ä¢ Wilshire Boulevard between Lincoln Boulevard and Ninth Street (north & south side of Wilshire).
‚Ä¢ Wilshire Boulevard between 19th and 21st streets (north & south side of Wilshire).
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014.¬† The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, Civil Engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
Along Ocean Avenue, both northbound and southbound lanes will be open.¬† No lane closures are scheduled for Main Street.¬† Any impact to traffic from construction related activities should be minimal during the current week.¬† For more information, contact Mike Castaneda at (626) 712-6944.
Annual Tree Trimming
The city‚Äôs annual tree pruning program will take place on Brentwood Terrace ‚Äî 14th to 12th streets and 21st Street ‚Äî Montana to Marguerita, 23rd Street ‚Äî Marguerita to Alta, Georgina ‚Äî Ocean to 14th Street, Prospect Avenue ‚Äî Marine to dead end.
High Place East
There will be delivery trucks throughout the week on Cloverfield between the I-10 Freeway and Virginia Avenue, and on Virginia Avenue between Cloverfield and 27th Street for the development of 44 affordable housing units. Use alternate routes whenever possible.¬† For more information on this project, contact Gary Flora, city of Santa Monica HED at (310) 458-2645, or Donnie Krueger (949) 254-8153.