Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Lincoln Boulevard 7-day street closure with 24-hour work shift for rail installation.
For more information about this closure with a detour map, visit fb.me/1dfeo3Ax5.
Northbound Lincoln Boulevard will be closed to through traffic at Colorado Avenue and will be detoured at Olympic Boulevard. Left and right turns onto Colorado Avenue will be prohibited.
• Southbound Lincoln Boulevard will be closed to through traffic at Colorado Avenue and will be detoured at Santa Monica Boulevard. Right turns onto Colorado Avenue will be allowed, but left turns will be prohibited.
• Colorado Avenue will be closed at Seventh Street and Ninth Street, but local access will remain. Turns from Colorado Avenue onto Lincoln Boulevard will be prohibited.
• Eastbound Colorado Avenue will be detoured at Seventh Street and westbound Colorado Avenue will be detoured at 11th Street.
• The I-10 Freeway exit at Lincoln Boulevard will remain open and northbound traffic will be detoured at Seventh Street.
2. Colorado Avenue between Fifth & 18th streets: Street closures in the east and westbound directions. Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hours at Sixth and Seventh streets, at Colorado Avenue. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Sixth and 10th streets.
3. Lincoln Boulevard between Broadway and I-10: Expect northbound & southbound lane closures during non-peak daytime and nighttime hours.
4. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Reduction to one eastbound lane 24-hours per day for approximately six days.
Bus Stop Improvement Project
Citywide installation of new bus shelters will begin. Construction will involve intermittent vehicle lane, bicycle lane, and sidewalk closures, in addition to the use of parking lanes. Construction will take place at the following stops: Lincoln Boulevard between Hill Street and Ashland Avenue, Lincoln Boulevard between Raymond and Ashland avenues, Main Street between Strand and Hollister avenues, Main Street between Hollister Avenue and Ocean Park Boulevard, Main Street between Marine Street and city limit, Santa Monica Boulevard between Berkeley Street and Franklin Street, Wilshire Boulevard between Stanford and Berkeley streets, Wilshire Boulevard between Berkeley and Franklin streets, Wilshire Boulevard between 26th and Princeton streets. Traffic control measures will be employed in all work zones. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For all bus boarding information, visit bigbluebus.com/bsip or call (310) 451-5444. For construction information, contact Alex Parry, project manager, at (310) 458-8981.
Crosswalk Restriping Project
Crosswalk restriping will occur at the following locations: Arizona Avenue and 26th Street, Broadway and 21st Street, Broadway and 23rd Street, Broadway and Princeton Street, Broadway and 10th Street, and Broadway and Lincoln Boulevard. Work will take place between the hours of 8 p.m.-5 a.m. Partial roadway closures are expected. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Questions should be directed to the Public Works Street & Fleet Services Division at (310) 458-4991. In the event of rain, restriping work will be rescheduled at least 24-48 hours later due to the fact that moisture in the ground can adversely affect how thermoplastic adheres to the surface once it has been applied.
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
Along Ocean Avenue both northbound and southbound lanes will be open. Any impact to traffic from construction related activities should be minimal. For more information, contact Mike Castaneda at (626) 712-6944.
Construction will have no impacts on traffic or the public right of way. For any questions or concerns contact Kris Jaghasbanian, ROEM Builders, at (408) 314-7380, or Gary Flora, city of Santa Monica HED, at (310) 458-2645.
Street Light Project
Contractor will install street light poles on 18th Street between Ashland Avenue and Ocean Park Boulevard, and on 20th Street between Ocean Park Boulevard and Pearl. The construction duration is 45 working days. The work will be conducted from the parking lanes, however Impact to traffic should be minimal. For further information, contact Hany Demitri, civil engineer, (310 458-8721 ext. 5385