Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. 17th Street 10-day closure with 24-hour work shift for rail installation: Through 6 a.m. Wednesday, April 2.
2. Colorado Avenue between Fourth and Fifth streets: Daytime lane closure for April 1. Expect delays
3. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 18th streets: Street closures in the east and westbound directions. Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hours at Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, 14th and 17th streets at Colorado Avenue. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Sixth and 10th streets.
4. Lincoln Boulevard between Broadway and I-10 Freeway: Expect northbound and southbound lane closures during non-peak daytime and nighttime hours. Expect delays.
5. 17th Street between Olympic Boulevard and Broadway: Lane reduction for northbound traffic and street closure in the southbound direction at Colorado. Expect delays.
6. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
7. Cloverfield and Olympic boulevards: Lane closure for potholing work. Expect delays.
8. Stewart Street at Olympic Boulevard: Daytime northbound and southbound lanes will be closed for saw cutting work.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Bus Stop Improvement Project
Citywide installation of new bus shelters will begin. Construction will involve intermittent vehicle lane, bicycle lane, and sidewalk closures, in addition to the use of parking lanes. Construction will take place at the following stops: 2807 Lincoln Blvd. between Hill Street and Ashland Avenue (east side of Lincoln), 2800 Lincoln Blvd. between Raymond and Ashland avenues (west side of Lincoln), 2310 Main St. between Strand and Hollister avenues (west side of Main), 2403 Main St. between Hollister Avenue and Ocean Park Boulevard (east side of Main), 3016 Main St. between Pier Avenue and Marine Street (west side of Main), 3101 Main St. between Marine Street and city limit (east side of Main). Traffic control measures will be employed in all work zones. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For all bus boarding information, visit www.bigbluebus.com/bsip or call (310) 451-5444. For construction information, contact Alex Parry, project manager at (310) 458-8981.
Crosswalk Restriping Project
Crosswalk restriping will occur at the following locations: Wilshire Boulevard from Third to Sixth streets. Work will take place between the hours of 8 p.m.-5 a.m. Partial roadway closures are expected. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Questions should be directed to the Public Works Street & Fleet Services Division at (310) 458-4991.
Along Ocean Avenue, both northbound and southbound lanes will be open. Any impact to traffic from construction related activities should be minimal. For more information, contact Mike Castaneda at (626) 712-6944.
Green Bikes Lanes
Construction will continue on Broadway east of Fifth Street and on Main Street south of Pico Boulevard between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Partial lane closures will occur. Impact to traffic should be minimal. Old striping has been partially removed to prepare for the addition of the bike lanes using pre-mark material as well as green paint delineating the bike lanes. For more information, contact Hany Demitri, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 ext. 5385.
Annual Tree Trimming
The city’s annual tree trimming program will take place on Seventh Street from Montana Avenue to Wilshire Boulevard and on Broadway from 26th Street to Centinela Avenue. Road closures and partial Lane closures will occur. All work will take place between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. For further information, contact Matthew Wells, urban forester, at (310) 458-8974.
High Place East
The sidewalk on the north side of Virginia Avenue in front of the development will be closed for five days. Additionally, there will be delivery trucks throughout the week on Cloverfield Boulevard between the I-10 Freeway and Virginia Avenue, and on Virginia Avenue between Cloverfield and 27th Street for the development of 45 affordable housing units. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information on this project, contact Gary Flora, city of Santa Monica HED at (310) 458-2645, or Donnie Krueger (949) 254-8153.