Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. 17th Street 10-day street closure with 24-hour work shift for rail installation until 6 a.m. on Wednesday, April 2 2014.
2. Colorado Avenue between Fourth and 18th streets: Street closures in the eastbound and westbound directions. Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hours at Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, 14th and 17th streets at Colorado Avenue. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Sixth and 10th streets.
3. Lincoln Boulevard between Broadway and I-10: Expect northbound and southbound lane closures during non-peak daytime and nighttime hours. Expect delays.
4. 17th Street between Olympic Boulevard and Broadway: Lane reduction for northbound traffic and street closure in the southbound direction at Colorado. Expect delays.
5. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
6. Cloverfield Olympic: Lane closure for potholing work. Expect delays.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Crosswalk Restriping Project
Crosswalk restriping will be occurring at the following locations: Wilshire Boulevard from Third to Berkeley streets. Montana Avenue from Sixth to 22nd streets. Intersections of Lincoln Boulevard and Washington Avenue, California Avenue and Fourth and 14th streets, Olympic Boulevard and Seaside Terrace, Santa Monica Boulevard and Park Drive. Work will take place between the hours of 8 p.m.-5 a.m. Partial roadway closures are expected. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Questions should be directed to the Public Works Street & Fleet Services Division at (310) 458-4991.
There may be partial lane closures on Ocean Avenue mid-week. Any impact to traffic from construction related activities should be minimal. For more information, contact Mike Castaneda at (626) 712-6944.
Wastewater Main Improvements Citywide
Construction is scheduled on Santa Monica Boulevard at 20th Street and at approximately 200 feet east of 20th Street. This work will take place on March 26 and 27, 2014 between the hours of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Lanes will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, city of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.
Green Bikes Lanes
Construction will continue on Broadway east of Sixth Street and on Main Street south of Pico Boulevard between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Partial lane closures will occur. Impact to traffic should be minimal. Old striping has been partially removed to prepare for the addition of the bike lanes using pre-mark material as well as green paint delineating the bike lanes. For more information, contact Hany Demitri, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 ext. 5385.