Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. 17th Street 10-day closure with 24-hour work shift for rail installation: 1 a.m. Saturday, March 22 to 6 a.m. Wednesday, April 2.
2. Colorado Avenue between Fourth and 18th streets: Street closures in the east and westbound directions. Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hours at Sixth, Seventh, 14th and 17th streets at Colorado Avenue. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 18th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk and lane closures on north or south side of Colorado between Sixth and 10th streets.
3. Lincoln Boulevard between Broadway and I-10 Freeway: Expect lane closures during non-peak daytime and nighttime hours. Expect delays.
4. 17th Street between Olympic Boulevard and Broadway: Lane reduction for northbound traffic and street closure in the southbound direction at Colorado, expect delays.
5. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information about the Expo Line project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Crosswalk Restriping Project
Crosswalk restriping will be occurring at the following locations: Wilshire Boulevard from Seventh to Berkeley streets. Montana Avenue from 10th to Princeton streets. 26th Street from Alta to Marguerita avenues. Work will take place between the hours of 8 p.m.-5 a.m. Partial roadway closures are expected. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Questions should be directed to the Public Works Street & Fleet Services Division at (310) 458-4991.
Green Bike Lanes
Construction will continue on Broadway east of Sixth Street and on Main Street south of Colorado Avenue between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Partial lane closures will occur. Impact to traffic should be minimal. For more information, contact Hany Demitri, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 ext. 5385.
Annual Tree Trimming
The city’s annual tree trimming program will take place on Cloverfield Boulevard from Pico to Ocean Park boulevards. On Wilshire Boulevard from Centinela Avenue to 14th Street. And on Seventh Street from Wilshire to Idaho Avenue. Partial Lane closures will occur. All work will take place between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. For further information, contact Matthew Wells, urban forester, at (310) 458-8974.
Santa Monica Airport
Construction will continue for the removal and replacement of electrical cables and connectors for all the existing runway and taxiway lights. This work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. No impact to traffic surrounding the airport. All work will take place within the airport. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, city of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.
The No. 1 lane will be closed on the 1700 block of Ocean Avenue in the northbound and southbound directions. Also, there will be intermittent closure at the intersection of Ocean Avenue and the future Olympic Drive and Main Street and Olympic Drive for traffic signal and light pole installation. For any questions or concerns, contact Mike Castaneda at (626) 712-6944.
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
High Place East
There will be delivery trucks throughout the week on Cloverfield Boulevard between I-10 and Virginia Avenue, and on Virginia Avenue between Cloverfield and 27th Street for the development of 45 affordable housing units. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information on this project, contact Gary Flora, city of Santa Monica at (310) 458-2645, or Donnie Krueger (949) 254-8153.