Santa Claus will again hit the streets of Santa Monica for the 20th annual Candy Cane Drive.
The big man in red will be escorted by the Santa Monica fire and police departments as he makes his way around the city handing out candy canes and — of course — holiday cheer on Saturday, Dec. 1.
Santa’s scheduled stops are as follows:
• 10:30 a.m. — 11:00 a.m.: Douglas Park, California Avenue and 25th Street
• 11:15 a.m. — 11:45 a.m.: Christine Reed Park, California Avenue and Lincoln Boulevard
• 12:00 p.m. — 12:30 p.m.: Third Street Promenade and Wilshire Boulevard
• 1:45 p.m. — 2:15 p.m.: Virginia Avenue Park, 2200 Virginia Ave.
• 2:30 p.m. — 3:00 p.m.: Marine Park, Marine Street and 17th Street
• 3:15 p.m. — 3:45 p.m.: Clover Park, Ocean Park Boulevard and 25th Street (parking lot)
Santa Monica children are encouraged to look and listen for the lights and sirens of the public safety vehicles, while parents are encouraged to bring their cameras.