Expo Light Rail Line Project
Please note the following activities:
1. Cloverfield and Olympic: Expect lane closures on Olympic and Cloverfield during non-peak hours between 9:30 a.m. — 3 p.m. Traffic signal outage is scheduled on Tuesday, Dec. 11, between 9:30 a.m. — 3 p.m., expect delays at the intersection during non-peak hours.
2. Night closure of Olympic/Cloverfield: Starting Sunday Dec. 16, the intersection will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. — 6 a.m. from Sunday, Dec. 16 through Thursday, Dec. 27. All traffic lanes will be open to through traffic during daytime hours.
3. Colorado Avenue between Seventh and 17th streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closure during the daytime hours between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. and nighttime hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
4. Seventh Street between Olympic and Broadway: Expect a partial closure at the intersection of Seventh Street and Colorado Avenue during the daytime hours. Northbound or southbound traffic will be detoured.
5. Lincoln Boulevard between Olympic and I-10 Freeway: Expect a partial closure at the intersection of Lincoln and Colorado during the nighttime hours. Northbound and southbound traffic lanes will be reduced at night time hours only.
6. Colorado and 11th Street: Expect a partial closure at the intersection of 11th Street and Colorado Avenue during the daytime and nighttime hours.
Civic Center Parks
Through February of 2013 the majority of Town Square (front yard of City Hall) will be closed so the contractor can continue construction activities. During this time period, the west-facing front door of City Hall will be accessible via a pedestrian pathway that runs north from the sidewalk on Olympic Drive to the front door of City Hall. The sidewalk and parking lane on the east side of Main Street will be closed in front of City Hall; Pedestrians on the east side of Main Street are routed through a barricaded pathway in the Main Street parking lane. The parking lot and entrance on the north side of City Hall will remain open during construction. One way vehicular traffic has been implemented turning west from Main Street on to Fujinomiya Douri; traffic must exit behind City Hall south on Avenida Mazatlan and onto Olympic Drive. Caution should be used in this area, emergency vehicles are exempt from the one way traffic pattern.
Ocean Park Boulevard Complete Green Street Project
Construction will take place Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., on Ocean Park Boulevard, between Neilson Way and Lincoln Boulevard. On Dec. 10, Ocean Park Boulevard will be closed completely from Neilson Way to Lincoln Boulevard for paving operations, between the hours of 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. During this time traffic will be detoured to Pico Boulevard. Traffic control will be in place during construction. For more info, go to: www.SMConstructs.org. Please use alternate routes whenever possible.
Through mid-December northbound Ocean Avenue between Seaside Terrace and Moomat Ahiko Way will be subject to lane closures. The sidewalk, bike lane, and one lane of vehicular travel in the northbound direction will be closed for construction activities. For more information contact the Architectural Services Division at (310) 458-2205.
430 Pico Blvd.
Sidewalk, parking lane, and southern traffic lane are closed. For more information, contact Kyle Anderson at (310) 399-1600, ext. 227.