Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Intersection closures: 11th Street will be closed to northbound and southbound traffic at Colorado Avenue on Dec. 2-8, 6 a.m.-9 p.m. Work will continue 24 hours a day for seven days to install train tracks.
2. Street closure: Colorado eastbound between Ninth and 11th streets will be closed on Tuesday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Local access will remain.
3. 11th Street and Colorado Avenue: Scheduled traffic signal outage on Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
4. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 17th streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hour at Fifth, Sixth, 11th, 14th and 17th streets at Colorado. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 17th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk closures on north or south side of Colorado from Fourth to 10th streets.
5. Colorado Avenue between Main Street and Lincoln Boulevard: Expect lane closures during night time hours, 9 p.m.-8 a.m. (Sunday to Wednesday) on Colorado, Fourth Street and Lincoln Boulevard.
6. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound and westbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
7. Big Blue Bus Route 5 has been detoured from Colorado Avenue to Broadway in both directions due to Expo construction. For more information, a map and a list of stops, visit www.BigBlueBus.com or call (310) 451-5444.
Call (213) 922-EXPO (3976) for more information.
Annual Street Resurfacing
The contractor will be paving various streets north of Montana Avenue and east of 17th Street. There will be street closures and detours. Expect delays. For more information, contact Hany Demitri, City of Santa Monica Civil Engineering Division at (310) 458-8721, ext. 5385.
Advanced Traffic Management Systems Project
The contractor will be making concrete sidewalk restoration along Ocean Park Boulevard and rewiring the intersection at Lincoln Boulevard. Expect delays at that intersection. One lane of traffic shall remain open at all time. For more information, contact Hany Demitri, City of Santa Monica Civil Engineering Division at (310) 458-8721.
Parking Structure No. 6
There will be periodic sidewalk closures and periodic northbound lane closure for material deliveries on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard through Nov. 2. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Materials delivery work will take place in the alley behind the parking structure (Second Court), with partial alley closures taking place through Nov. 2, Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. In addition, there will be a full closure of Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard from 8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 28 through 8 p.m. Tuesday evening Oct. 29 for crane removal. No vehicular traffic and only limited pedestrian traffic will be allowed. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic around the work areas.
Wastewater Main Improvements Citywide
The contractor is scheduled to begin installation of a new sewer main on Michigan Avenue between 18th and 19th courts. This work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Michigan Avenue between 18th Street and 19th Court will be closed to through traffic. Use alternate route whenever possible. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, City of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.