Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound and westbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Cloverfield Boulevard: 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., eastbound full street closure. Cloverfield southbound lane closures.
3. 26th Street at Olympic Boulevard: Northbound lane closures on 26th Street between Michigan Avenue and Olympic. Expect delays on 26th Street.
4. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 17th streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hours at Fifth, Sixth and 17th streets at Colorado. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 17th streets will have limited access at Colorado. Sidewalk closures on north or south side of Colorado between Fourth and 10th streets.
5. Colorado Avenue between Main Street and Lincoln Boulevard: Expect lane closures during night time hours, 9 p.m.-8 a.m. (Sunday to Thursday) on Colorado, Fourth Street, Sixth Street, 11th Street and Lincoln.
6. Colorado Avenue between Lincoln Boulevard and 14th Street: Eastbound street night closure from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday to Thursday.
Additional information is available at: buildexpo.org/or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Big Blue Bus Route 5 Detour
Due to Expo Light Rail construction, Big Blue Bus Route 5 has been detoured from Colorado Avenue to Broadway. Buses will be detoured in both directions. Starting on 20th Street at Colorado Avenue (to the east), buses will travel along Broadway between 20th and Fourth streets (to the west). Regular route will resume toward Wilshire Boulevard. For more information on this project, a map and a list of stops, visit BigBlueBus.com or call (310) 451-5444.
Construction will continue on Colorado Avenue. Potholing work will take place at five different locations along Colorado between Second and Fourth streets. Day time work may involve single lane closures between the hours of 9 a.m.-4 p.m. All construction for this phase of the project will be completed by the middle of October.
Annual Street Resurfacing
The contractor will be paving various streets north of Montana Avenue and east of 17th Street. There will be street closures and detours. Expect delays.
Parking Structure No. 6
There will be periodic sidewalk closures on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard through Oct. 19. There will be periodic northbound lane closures through Oct. 19 for materials deliveries on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Materials delivery work will take place in the alley behind the parking structure (Second Court), with partial alley closures taking place through Oct. 19. All work will take place Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Civic Center Parks
Major construction work has been completed. Community Celebration & Opening Ceremony will take place on Saturday, Oct. 19, from 11 a.m.- 4 p.m. Main Street (in from of City Hall) will be closed to vehicular traffic between Colorado Avenue and Olympic Drive. Please use alternate routes if possible. Free bike valet service will be provided.
Wastewater Main Improvements Citywide
The contractor is scheduled to begin installation of a new sewer main in the Civic Center Parking Lot. This work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The entrance to the Civic Center Parking Lot, off of Civic Center Drive (Fourth Street) will be closed between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. when construction is taking place at the entrance. Please use the Main Street entrance or the Civic Center Parking Structure whenever possible. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, city of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.
The present lane closure on the northbound side of the 1700 block of Ocean Avenue will extend south to Vicente Terrace. The parking lane and the number two lane will be closed for sidewalk curb and gutter work from Vicente Terrace to Pacific Terrace. One lane will be available in the northbound direction at all times. The southbound lanes will not be impacted. For any questions or concerns, contact Gary Vitale, (510)772-8836.
Santa Monica High School
On Oct. 14, construction activity will occur at Seventh Court and Michigan Avenue between 9 a.m.-2 p.m. This work will restrict traffic from entering Seventh Court at Michigan Avenue during these hours. For more information, contact Lucy Fairweather at (310) 450-8338 ext. 79372.