Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Centinela Avenue: Eastbound and westbound lane closures during non-peak hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Cloverfield Boulevard, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., eastbound full street closure.
3. 26th Street at Olympic Boulevard: Northbound lane closures on 26th Street between Michigan Avenue and Olympic. No-left from eastbound Olympic to northbound 26th Street. No-left from northbound 26th Street to westbound Olympic. Expect delays on 26th Street.
4. Concrete barriers (K-rails) are now installed in the middle of Colorado Avenue between Ninth and 17th streets. Note the no-left turn signs along Colorado.
5. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 17th streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak daytime hours at Fifth, Sixth and 14th streets at Colorado. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 17th streets will have limited access. Sidewalk closures on south side of Colorado between Lincoln Boulevard and 10th Street.
6. Colorado Avenue between Main Street and Lincoln Boulevard: Expect lane closures during night time hours, 9 p.m.-8 a.m. (Sunday to Thursday) on Colorado, Fourth, Sixth and 11th streets, and Lincoln Boulevard
7. Colorado Avenue between 11th and 14th streets: Eastbound street night closure, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday to Thursday.
8. Colorado Avenue between Seventh Street and Lincoln Boulevard: Street closure, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Additional information: buildexpo.org/or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Construction will begin on the Colorado Esplanade. Potholing work will begin on Oct. 8 at 5 different locations along Colorado Avenue. Night time work will involve complete closure of Colorado Avenue between the hours of 10 p.m.-6 a.m. between Fourth and Fifth streets on Oct. 10, with posted detour routes provided. Day time work may involve single lane closures between the hours of 9 a.m.-4 p.m. All construction for this phase of the project will be completed by Friday, Oct. 11.
Big Blue Bus Route 5 Detour
Due to Expo Light Rail construction, Big Blue Bus Route 5 has been detoured from Colorado Avenue to Broadway. Buses will be detoured in both directions. Starting on 20th Street at Colorado Avenue (to the east), buses will travel along Broadway between 20th and Fourth streets (to the west). Regular route will resume toward Wilshire Boulevard. For more information on this project, a map and a list of stops, visit BigBlueBus.com or call (310) 451-5444.
Annual Street Resurfacing
The contractor will be repairing sidewalks west of Lincoln Boulevard between north and south city limits. Impact to traffic should be minimal but partial lane closures may be necessary at times. For more information, contact Hany Demitri, civil engineer at (310) 458-8721 ext. 5385.
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
Advanced Traffic Management Systems
The contractor will be installing new conduit on Ocean Park Boulevard between Lincoln Boulevard and Barnard Way. There will also be some traffic signal work on Ocean Park Boulevard and Neilson Way. Expect delays at intersections. For more information, contact the project manager Hany Demitri, civil engineer at (310) 458-8721 ext. 5385 or visit www.SMConstructs.org
Parking Structure No. 6
There will be periodic sidewalk closures on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard through Oct. 12. There will be periodic northbound lane closures through Oct. 12 for materials deliveries on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Materials delivery work will take place in the alley behind the parking structure (Second Court), with partial alley closures taking place through Oct. 12. All work will take place Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wastewater Main Improvements Citywide
The contractor is scheduled to begin surveying and preparation work for removal and replacement of the sewer main in the Civic Center Parking Lot. This work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Please use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager at (310) 458-8721.