Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Cloverfield Boulevard between Michigan Avenue and Olympic Boulevard: Street closure is scheduled between 10 p.m.-6 a.m. through Oct. 4.
2. 26th Street at Olympic Boulevard: No left turn from eastbound Olympic Boulevard to northbound 26th Street. No left turn from northbound 26th to westbound Olympic, Oct. 1-2 between 4 a.m. and 9 a.m. Expect delays.
3. Stewart Street and Olympic Boulevard: Lane closures along Stewart between Exposition and Olympic boulevards during daytime hours.
4. Concrete barriers (K-rails) are now installed in the middle of Colorado Avenue between Ninth and 17th streets. Note all signs.
5. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 17th Streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during non-peak daytime hours at Fifth, Sixth and Seventh streets at Colorado. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Sixth and 17th streets will have limited access at Colorado. There will also be sidewalk closures on the south side of Colorado between Lincoln Boulevard and 10th Street.
6. Colorado Avenue between Main Street and Lincoln Boulevard: Expect lane closures during night time hours, 9 p.m.-8 a.m. (Sunday through Thursday).
7. Colorado Avenue between Seventh Street and Lincoln Boulevard: Street closure at 9 p.m. Wednesday to 6 a.m. Thursday.
Big Blue Bus Route 5 Detour
Beginning the week of Sept. 30, Route 5 will detour from Colorado Avenue to Broadway due to Expo Light Rail Line construction. Buses will be detoured in both directions. Starting on 20th Street at Colorado Avenue (to the east), buses will travel along Broadway between 20th and Fourth streets. The regular route will resume toward Wilshire Boulevard. For more information, visit www.BigBlueBus.com or call (310) 451-5444.
Annual Street Resurfacing
The contractor will be repairing sidewalks north of Wilshire Boulevard and west of 20th Street. Impact to traffic should be minimal but partial lane closures may be necessary at times.
Advanced Traffic Management Systems
The contractor will be installing new conduit on Ocean Park Boulevard between Lincoln Boulevard and Barnard Way. There will also be some traffic signal work on Ocean Park Boulevard and Neilson Way. Impact to traffic should be minimal.
Parking Structure No. 6
There will be periodic sidewalk closures on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard through Oct. 5. There will be periodic northbound lane closures through Oct. 5 for materials deliveries on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Materials delivery work will take place in the alley behind the parking structure (Second Court), with partial alley closures taking place through Oct. 5. All work will take place Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Santa Monica High School
A flatbed truck will be delivering electrical equipment off Olympic Boulevard through Oct. 31 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Possible lane closure on Seventh Court will occur during this time while the equipment is unloaded. For more information, contact Lucy Fairweather at SMMUSD, (310) 450-8338, ext: 79372