Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. 14th Street and Colorado Avenue: Scheduled traffic signal outage on Wednesday, Aug. 28, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
2. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and17th streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak day at Seventh Street and Colorado, Ninth Street and Colorado, 10th Street and Colorado, 11th Street and Colorado, 14th Street and Colorado, and 17th Street and Colorado. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Ninth and 17th streets and Fifth Court will have limited access at Colorado during nighttime hours. Sidewalk closures on south side of Colorado between 14th and 17th streets.
3. Colorado Avenue between Main Street and Lincoln Boulevard: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during nighttime hours, 9 p.m.-8 a.m. (Sunday to Thursday) on Colorado, Fourth and Fifth streets, and Lincoln Blvd.
4. Colorado between Lincoln and 11th Street: Street closure is scheduled during weekday night time hours of 9 p.m.-6 a.m. from Sept. 3 to Oct. 1.
5. Utility exploration within sidewalk on 20th Street, Cloverfield Boulevard, 26th Street, Stewart Street between Olympic and Colorado: Expect sidewalk closures.
6. Olympic Boulevard between 20th and 26th streets: Westbound and eastbound lane closures during non-peak travel hours, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
7. Stewart Street between Olympic and Exposition: Street closure is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 7, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. for transport of train tracks.
8. Cloverfield and Olympic boulevards: street closure on Cloverfield Boulevard south of Olympic Boulevard for bridge construction. One night closure between 10 p.m.-6 a.m. is tentatively scheduled in mid-September.
Parking Structure No. 6
There will be periodic sidewalk closures on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard through Aug. 31. There will be periodic northbound lane closures through Aug. 31 for materials deliveries on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas.¬† Materials delivery work will take place in the alley behind the parking structure (Second Court), with partial alley closures taking place through Aug. 31. All work will take place Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. For more information about the Parking Structure 6 project, visit www.SMConstructs.org or call (310) 458-2205.
Wastewater Main Improvements Citywide
The contractor is scheduled to perform cleaning, video and lining of the sewer main on Santa Monica Boulevard between 20th Street and 200 feet east of 20th Street. This work will take place between the hours of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Traffic control will be set up on 20th Street and on Santa Monica Boulevard, which will reduce travel lanes from two lanes to one lane in both directions. Work is also scheduled to take place on Palisades Park between Georgina Avenue and San Vicente Boulevard. This work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales, construction manager, city of Santa Monica, at (310) 458-8721.
The 1700 block of Ocean Avenue shall have intermittent lane closures at the future intersection of Olympic Drive and Ocean Avenue for potholing for future traffic signal installation. A minimal of one lane will be maintained in each direction at all times. This activity will be for three days from Aug. 26-28. On Aug. 29-30 the 1700 block of Main Street shall have intermittent lane closures at the intersection of Main Street and future Olympic Drive for the same activity, One lane in each direction will be maintained at all times. For more information, contact Gary Vitale of Pankow Builders at (510) 772-5536.
Civic Center Parks
Major construction work has been completed, however intermittent closures may be required. The water feature will remain fenced off and will continue to be under construction for the next few weeks. For more information, contact the Architectural Services Division at (310) 458-2205.
Santa Monica Pier Renewal
Construction will continue and is estimated to conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
Advanced Traffic Management Systems
The contractor will be installing fiber optic communication cables on Neilson Way between Pico Boulevard and Marine Street and also performing traffic signal work on Ocean Park Boulevard between Lincoln Boulevard and 34th Street. Impact to traffic will be minimal and at least one lane of traffic will remain open in each direction. For more information, contact the project hotline at (866) 755-7679 and/or Glenn Paras, inspector, (714) 493-7017, or Hany Demitri, civil engineer, (310) 458-8721 ext. 5385. For more info, visit www.SMConstructs.org.