Expo Light Rail Line Project
Note the following activities:
1. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 17th streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during day time hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak day at Ninth Street and Colorado and 10th Street and Colorado.
2. Colorado Avenue between 11th and 12th and 14th streets: Night time (9 p.m.-6 a.m.) Colorado street closure, Monday and Tuesday.
3. Olympic Boulevard between 20th Street and Cloverfield Boulevard: Westbound and eastbound lane closures during non-peak travel hours, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Additional information is available at: www.buildexpo.org. For more information about the Expo Line Project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Parking Structure No. 6
There will be periodic sidewalk closures on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard through May 11. There will be periodic northbound lane closures through May 11 for materials deliveries on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Fencing and deliveries work will take place in the alley behind the parking structure (Second Court), with partial alley closures taking place through May 11. All work will take place Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. For more information about the Parking Structure 6 project, visit www.SMConstructs.org or call (310) 458-2205.
Wastewater Main Replacement Project
Construction activities will continue on Centinela from Pearl Street to Ocean Park Boulevard. Drivers are advised to slow down and use caution when workers are present. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales at (310) 458-872.
Santa Monica Pier: Renewal Project
The city of Santa Monica is rejuvenating the structure of the Santa Monica Pier. The original structure was built in the early 1900s and has been through several remodels over its 100-plus year life. The pier renewal will upgrade a significant portion of the pier stretching from the edge of the sand to approximately 365 feet westward over the Pacific Ocean, providing increased structural soundness and extending the pier’s service life.
The Pier Renewal Project will involve:
• Construction of a 20-foot wide pedestrian trestle on the south side of the pier, beginning at the western edge of the Newcomb Pier and extending 175 feet west around the construction zone.
• Installation of new concrete columns.
• Removal of the existing timber columns, timber substructure, and installation of the new concrete substructure.
• Installation of the new timber decking.
Construction is expected to begin April 25 and conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Please contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
For information on the Santa Monica Pier Visioning Process, visit santamonicatownhall.org.
For information on the Pier Bridge Replacement project, visit smconstructs.org/smpierbridge .
For information on events at the pier, visit santamonicapier.org.
Tongva Park Construction Update
On Ocean Avenue, through mid-June, northbound Ocean Avenue between Seaside Terrace and Colorado Boulevard will be subject to lane closures. The sidewalk, bike lane, and one lane of vehicular travel in the northbound direction will be closed for construction activities. For more information, contact the Architectural Services Division at (310) 458-2205.
Ken Genser Square Construction Update
Here is what to expect:
• The new front sidewalks will be available for pedestrian use.
• The water feature will remain fenced off and will continue to be under construction for the next few weeks.
• The grass, planters and concrete seatwall areas will be fenced off for a while to allow the plants to get established.
• The north pair of City Hall entrance doors will be made available for use.
• South entry doors and sidewalk area will be fenced for the demolition and construction of the remaining portion of Ken Genser Square. This means there will be some upcoming construction noise and dust.
• The west side of Main Street will be under construction:
• Bike lane will be closed through June 2013
2802 Pico Blvd.
There will be lane and sidewalk closures on the east side of the street along 28th Street for the development of 33 affordable housing units. Please use sidewalk on the west side of 28th Street. For more information on this project, contact Lee Castleberry at (310) 628-7486.