• Santa Monica High School’s boys soccer team hosts Corona del Mar in the second round of the California Interscholastic Federation Southern Section Division IV playoffs today at 3 p.m. The Vikings qualified for the playoffs by defeating Covina’s Gladstone in a wild card game. Samohi advanced to the second round by defeating Norwalk, 3-1, in the first round. Corona del Mar finished the regular season second in the Pacific Coast League. The Vikings are the defending all-around state champs.
• St. Monica boys soccer hosts St. Margaret’s in the second round of the CIF-SS Division VII playoffs today at 3 p.m. The Mariners dispatched Upland Christian, 5-0, in the first round to advance. St. Margaret’s finished the regular season in first place in the Academy League.
• Pacifica Christian’s boys soccer team was eliminated from the CIF-SS Division VII playoffs on Friday. The Seawolves were routed by Avalon, 12-0, in the first round. Pacifica Christian finished the season third in the Mulholland League.
• Santa Monica High School girls basketball will take to the road to face Chino Hills in the third round of the CIF-SS Division I-A playoffs tonight. The Vikings are the no. 2 seed in the division. Chino Hills is the no. 10 seed. This is the third year in a row that Samohi has advanced to the third round. The Vikings lost the two previous times it reached the quarter finals.
• The girls basketball team at St. Monica was eliminated from the playoffs on Saturday by St. Bonaventure, 55-42. The Mariners finished the season third in the Camino Real League. St. Bonaventure advances to take on Campbell Hall today in a quarter final matchup.
• The season is over for Crossroads’ girls basketball team. Crossroads was defeated, 83-28, by Pacific Hills on Saturday. Pacific Hills, the no. 2 seed in the division, advances to play Fillmore in the quarter finals today.