Expo Light Rail Line
Note the following activities:
1. Colorado Avenue between Fifth and 17th streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during daytime hours. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak day at Sixth Street and Colorado, Ninth Street and Colorado, 10th Street and Colorado, 11th Street and Colorado, 14th Street and Colorado, and 17th Street and Colorado. Alleys on the north side of Colorado between Ninth and 17th streets and Fifth Court will have limited access at Colorado.
2. Colorado Avenue between Main Street and Fourth Street: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during non-peak travel hours, 9 p.m.-6 a.m. (Sunday through Tuesday) on Colorado and Fourth Street.
3. Olympic Boulevard between 20th and 26th streets: Westbound and eastbound lane closures during non-peak travel hours, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
4. Cloverfield and Olympic boulevards: Street closure on Cloverfield south of Olympic for bridge construction. One night closure between 10 p.m.-6 a.m. is tentatively scheduled for the week of Aug. 12.
Additional information is available at: www.buildexpo.org. For more information about the Expo Line Project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Annual Street Resurfacing
The contractor will be repairing sidewalks north of Wilshire Boulevard and east of 20th Street. Impact to traffic should be minimal but partial lane closures may be necessary at times.
Lincoln Boulevard Resurfacing
Upcoming work will be in the southbound lanes between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Impacts to traffic should be minimal but partial lane closures may be necessary at times. Please use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information, contact Hany Demitri, civil engineer, at (310) 458-2201 ext. 5385.
Santa Monica Pier: Renewal Project
The city of Santa Monica is rejuvenating the structure of the Santa Monica Pier. The original structure was built in the early 1900s and has been through several remodels over its 100-plus year life. The pier renewal will upgrade a significant portion of the pier stretching from the edge of the sand to approximately 365 feet westward over the Pacific Ocean, providing increased structural soundness and extending the pier’s service life.
The Pier Renewal Project will involve:
• Construction of a 20-foot wide pedestrian trestle on the south side of the pier, beginning at the western edge of the Newcomb Pier and extending 175 feet west around the construction zone.
• Installation of new concrete columns.
• Removal of the existing timber columns, timber substructure, and installation of the new concrete substructure.
• Installation of the new timber decking.
Construction is expected to begin April 25 and conclude in spring 2014. The pier and its businesses will remain open during construction. Please contact Curtis Castle, civil engineer, at (310) 458-8721 if you have any questions.
For information on the Santa Monica Pier Visioning Process, visit santamonicatownhall.org.
For information on the Pier Bridge Replacement project, visit smconstructs.org/smpierbridge .
For information on events at the pier, visit santamonicapier.org.
Advanced Traffic Management Systems Project
The contractor will be installing conduits and pull boxes on Ocean Park Boulevard between Lincoln Boulevard and 34th Street. Impact to traffic will be minimal and at least one lane of traffic will remain open in each direction.
Permeable concrete gutters will be installed in portions of the alleys in the 900-1000 blocks of 10th Court, 900 block of 11th Court, 900 block of Lincoln Court, and 1000 block of Euclid Court. Construction will occur from July 15 through July 22 — daily work start time is 7:30 a.m. and end time is 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Approximately 150-200 feet of the southern portion of each alley will be closed 24 hours per day during the construction dates. Please be advised that concrete operations will generate noise and dust. Questions should be directed to the Public Works Street & Fleet Services Division at (310) 458-4991. For more info on the Alley Renewal Program, visit smgov.net/streets/alleyprogram.
Santa Monica Airport Improvements
Grinding, paving and striping will occurring at the parking lot located at 3000-3026 Airport Ave. The parking lot will be closed from July 15-July 17. All work will take place between the hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, with the exception of night work (9 p.m. to 6 a.m.) for removal of the rubber deposits from the runway surface which is anticipated to take place the week of July 29. Airport Avenue will remain open in both directions, however there may be some minor delays due to construction activities. Use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information, contact Construction Manager Carlos Rosales, city of Santa Monica, Department of Public Works, Civil Engineering Division, at (310) 458-8721.
520 Colorado Ave.
Beginning Monday, July 15, demolition will take place on the property. There will be no street closures. Additionally, trucks will be using Colorado between Fifth Street and Lincoln Boulevard, and Lincoln to Interstate 10. Please use alternate routes whenever possible. For more information, contact Gary Flora, city of Santa Monica, Construction Specialist, Housing & Economic Development Department, at (310) 458-8702.