We at Sustainable Works, along with the City of Santa Monica’s Office of Sustainability and the Environment are very excited to announce the 6th Annual Sustainable Santa Monica Student Art Contest open to all K-12 students that attend school and/or live in Santa Monica! This year’s contest will raise awareness about Santa Monica’s Water Self-sufficiency Plan & educate the community about water conservation. Students will investigate water conservation in Santa Monica through art, answering the question, “What does it mean to use water ‘Well”?”
Rules and Guidelines
– Open to all K-12 students who live or attend school in Santa Monica
– Only original artwork will be accepted
– Only one poster submission per student
– Students may work in 2 person teams but the prize will be shared.
– Posters must be hand drawn on white paper, bright colors are recommended but you may use anything to draw with except pastel chalk.
– High School (grade 9-12) students may submit posters created in Adobe
Illustrator, inDesign, Photoshop or any other comparable design software.
– Poster dimensions MUST be 11”x17” (landscape/horizontal)
– Include your Name, School, Grade, Mailing Address, Phone Number, and Email on the back of your submission
– All entries will become property of the City of Santa Monica, which will hold publication rights for the winning entries. Entries may not be returned
The Selection Committee will determine a series of winning enteries in (4) categories:
K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12, including (1) Grand Prize winner from each category. Entries will be judged on originality, creativity of idea & artistic expression as they demonstrate the themes of this year’s contest.
Deadline for poster submission is:
Friday, March 28, 2014