Getting Started With Your DBA
3 Easy Steps to File and Publish your original fictitious business name statement (DBA)
First step in¬†filing your DBA¬†is to go online and fill/submit your forms on the LA County Clerks website:
Second step is to print out your receipt and proceed to one of the¬†LA County-Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk offices:
Third step is to publish your DBA within 30 days of the filing date once a week for four consecutive weeks with a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which the principle place of business is located. ¬†To publish your DBA scan/fax/attach a photo of your processed DBA form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org¬†with a phone number where we can reach you to process payment.
If you want us to file/publish your DBA for you:
- Download the Fictitious Business Name Statement by clicking here.
- When filling out the paperwork please type it or write in black ink and make sure there are no scratch outs or white out as the county will not accept it.
- Drop it off or mail it to the address below, copies of the original will not be accepted.
- For more information call us at (310) 573-8354 or come by our offices from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. The address is: 1640 5th St, Suite 218, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- What is included in the file/publish service:
- -We schedule a convenient time for you to come into our office and fill out the appropriate paperwork for the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk office.- We check if your DBA is available to be used with the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk office.
– We notarize the paperwork in house in compliance with Senate Bill 1467
-We go to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk office to file your completed DBA in person on your behalf.
– We pay all the filing fees for your DBA.
– We publish your officially filed DBA in our newspaper for four consecutive weeks, abiding by the publication requirements pursuant to Business and Professional Code Section 17917 & 17924.
– We submit a proof of publication to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk office to be processed and filed at the end of the publication run.
– You receive the processed and filed proof of publication in the mail from the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk office, which completes the process.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com