The intersection of Colorado Avenue and 17th Street will be closed for 11 days starting March 22 for the installation of train tracks for the forthcoming Expo Light Rail Line.
The closure will be in effect until April 2 at a.m. The road will be blocked starting at 1 a.m. on March 22.
A similar closure took place at the corner of Fifth Street and Colorado Avenue earlier this year.
The Expo line is expected to be completed in 2015 with full operation beginning no later than 2016.
• Northbound 17th Street will be closed to through traffic at Colorado Avenue and will be detoured at Olympic Boulevard. Left and right turns onto Colorado Avenue will be prohibited.
• Southbound 17th Street will be closed to through traffic at Colorado Avenue and will be detoured at Santa Monica Boulevard. Right turns onto Colorado Avenue will be allowed, but left turns will be prohibited.
• Eastbound Colorado Avenue will be closed at 17th Street and traffic will be detoured to southbound 17th Street.
• Westbound Colorado Avenue will remain open.
• Pedestrians crossing Colorado Avenue north of the closure will be detoured to 14th or 19th streets. Pedestrians south of the closure will be directed to westbound Colorado Avenue to 14th Street.
• Local access in the closure areas will be maintained at all times.
For additional information, contact the City of Santa Monica Public Works Department at (310) 458-8736.