Expo Light Rail Line Project
Note the following activities:
1. Colorado Avenue between Second and 17th streets: Expect westbound and eastbound lane closures during night time hours of 9 p.m. — 6 a.m. Expect reduction of travel lanes during the non-peak day and night time hours at Fourth Street at Colorado, Fifth Street at Colorado, Seventh Street at Colorado and Lincoln Boulevard at Colorado. Sidewalk closures on the north side of Colorado between Fifth and Sixth streets.
2. Colorado Avenue between 12th and 14th streets: Colorado will be closed during the night time hours of 9 p.m. — 6 a.m. for one night the week of March 18.
3. Fifth Street between Colorado and Olympic Drive: Expect temporary sidewalk closures on the west side of Fifth Street. Use pedestrian detour via Fourth Street and Olympic Drive.
4. Olympic Boulevard between 20th and Cloverfield: Olympic will be closed during the night time hours of 10 p.m. — 6 a.m. for bridge construction between March 25 and April 12.
5. Olympic between 20th and Cloverfield: Westbound and eastbound night time and lane closures during non-peak travel hours, 9:30 a.m. — 3 p.m.
6. Colorado Avenue eastbound between Fourth and Fifth streets is now closed. Detailed information can be found online at: www.buildexpo.org.
Additional information is available at: www.buildexpo.org. For more information about the Expo Line Project, visit BuildExpo.org or call (213) 922-EXPO (3976).
Parking Structure No. 6
There will be periodic sidewalk closures on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard through March 22. There will be periodic northbound lane closures through March 22 for material deliveries on Second Street between Broadway and Santa Monica Boulevard. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be deployed to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic in and around the work areas. Fencing and deliveries work will take place in the alley behind the parking structure (Second Court), with partial alley closures taking place through March 22. All work will take place Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. — 5 p.m. For more information about the Parking Structure 6 project, visit SMConstructs.org or call (310) 458-2205.
Santa Monica Pier
Construction will begin on the Santa Monica Pier Bridge Interim Pedestrian Access Improvements Project. The work will take place on the sidewalks of the bridge. Temporary traffic control signs and barricades will be set-up to guide vehicular and pedestrian traffic around the work zone. Drivers are advised to use caution and watch out for construction workers and flag-persons on the Santa Monica Pier Bridge. For more information on this project, contact: Curtis Castle, Civil Engineer at (310) 458-8721 or email@example.com.
Wastewater Main Replacement Project
Construction activities will take place on 15th Court from Delaware Avenue to the I-10 Freeway and on Ashland Avenue at 14th Street. Traffic will be restricted to one lane on Ashland approximately 250 feet on either side of 14th Street. Drivers are advised to slow down and use caution when workers are present. For more information, contact Carlos Rosales at (310) 458-8721.
Civic Center Parks
Ken Genser Square Construction Update: From Sept. 17, 2012 through April 1, 2013 the majority of Town Square (front yard of City Hall) will be closed so the contractor can continue construction activities.
During this time period: The west-facing front door of City Hall will be accessible via a pedestrian pathway that runs north from the sidewalk on Olympic Drive to the front door of City Hall.
The sidewalk and parking lane on the east side of Main Street will be closed in front of City Hall; Pedestrians on the east side of Main Street are routed through a barricaded pathway in the Main Street parking lane.
The parking lot and City Hall entrance on the north side of City Hall will remain open during construction. One-way vehicular traffic has been implemented turning west from Main Street on to Fujinomiya Douri; traffic must exit behind City Hall south on Avenida Mazatlan and onto Olympic Drive. Caution should be used in this area, emergency vehicles are exempt from the one-way traffic pattern.
Tongva Park Construction Update: On Ocean Avenue, through mid-June, northbound Ocean Avenue between Seaside Terrace and Colorado Avenue will be subject to lane closures. The sidewalk, bike lane, and one lane of vehicular travel in the northbound direction will be closed for construction activities. For more information, contact the Architectural Services Division at (310) 458-2205.