DOWNTOWN — Real Food Daily, Areal Restaurant and the Santa Monica Museum of Art are among 19 businesses that are nominated for the 2013 Sustainable Quality Awards (SQA), which will celebrate a milestone of having honored over 100 winners since 1995.
A collaboration between the Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce, Sustainable Works and the city of Santa Monica, the awards were created to recognize local businesses that have made significant achievements in the areas of sustainable economic development, social responsibility and stewardship of the natural environment.
“The SQA program allows us to applaud these businesses and highlight how they make a difference in our local community,” said Shannon Parry, assistant director for the Office of Sustainability and the Environment for the city of Santa Monica.
Winners of the award will be announced in early February and will be recognized at an awards luncheon at the Sheraton Delfina Hotel on March 13.
|A list of 2013 SQA nominees provided by the Office of Sustainability:
- The Ambrose – the Ambrose offers a touch of holistic hospitality by blending upscale tranquility with affordable luxury and low impact hotel practices.
- Areal Restaurant – this sustainable farm-to-table establishment is designed to enjoy food and drink basked in Southern California lifestyle and leisure.
- Bru’s Wiffle (A Waffle Joint) – a cozy, bright yellow Waffle Joint where everything is made from scratch, using only the freshest and finest ingredients.
- Central Parking – a professional parking management firm operating nation-wide in structures, open lots and pay-by space lots.
- Downtown Santa Monica, Inc. – a non-profit organization that works with the City of Santa Monica to manage services and operations in Downtown while promoting economic stability, growth and community life.
- Heal the Bay’s Santa Monica Pier Aquarium – a marine-education center providing interactive experience and public education to inspire stewardship of the environment and marine conservation.
- HGA Architects and Engineers, Inc. – an integrated architecture, engineering and planning firm.
- Hostelling International Los Angeles / Santa Monica – an eco-friendly, high-end hostel experience two blocks from the beach.
- LEAF Lifestyle, Inc. – offers personal training and lifestyle transformation services through a holistic approach to health and wellness.
- Payroll CentricTM, Inc. – a supplier of integrated workforce management solutions, primarily payroll, designed to increase productivity, improve employee retention and reduce expenses.
- Real Food Daily – a full service restaurant in Santa Monica serving gourmet organic vegan cuisine.
- Santa Monica Convention and Visitors Bureau – works to maximize the visitor experience, increase tourism revenues and local employment opportunities through promotion of Santa Monica as a travel destination.
- Santa Monica Museum of Art – through its exhibitions, education, and outreach programs, the SMMoA fosters diversity, innovation and discovery in contemporary art.
- Santa Monica Place / Macerich – a modern, open-air shopping destination featuring Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom and a contemporary mix of shops and visionary restaurants.
- Three Squares Inc. – a globally recognized environmental consulting firm. The Women in Green Forum, highlighting women’s impact on the environmental arena, is TSI’s flagship conference.
- Tiato Kitchen Bar Garden and An Catering – healthy, delicious, and eco-chic dining and catering experience that enhances lifestyle and well-being.
- The UCLA Family Commons – provides programming including family coaching, social skills, martial arts, and yoga to increase the well-being of the families.
- Wells Fargo Bank – provides diversified financial services nationally and worldwide.
- yogitoes, Inc. – a creative yoga products company making sustainable yoga tools by integrating need with design.
Pre-paid tickets are $55 for chamber members and $60 for non-members until March 6. To purchase tickets or for more information, call (310) 393-9825 or visit smsqa.com.